Friday, June 20, 2008

The Unwanted Destination

The Unwanted Destination

Everyone will laugh if I say I am in two parts
But it is true, I am two
One is tangible and the other intangible
The tangible part is t, the intangible part is i
Therefore i and t make me

The i thinks its origin is Heaven
And therefore, when these two depart
The i goes back to Heaven
On the other hand, the t has to return
Into the Earth

Alas, there is a sad dilemma
If the i and the t separate
Where do I go?
Do I become part of the Earth?
Will I be happy forever in Heaven?

It is inevitable
These two will eventually separate
The dictionary on Earth will have
Every word as before but one
The word happiness will disappear

Will the i be happy without the t?
Can the t even feel sad without the i?
May the i stay behind?
Do they even have a choice?
Is the unwanted choice the fate?

Should this be the defined destination
It is going to be anything but happy
There I suggest the two should be in harmony
While they are together
Be happy forever

Kenneth N. Han
At SeoKyeong, Seoul
One day in June, 2008

No comments: