Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer

Yes, time goes fast and it is the beginning of summer. The most beautiful Spring in Korea with a lot of flowers is fading away but promises that it will return with an even more gorgeous scent next time around for sure.

Between busy schedule with teaching and reading, we have had time to visit many beautiful places mostly near the ocean. I have given one plenary lecture at a conference in this semester, but the most rewarding experience was to get back to my home town to deliver a lecture in front of 500 college students about my experience abroad.

We are going back to Portland, OR on June 30 to get reacquainted with our house which has been vacant and awaiting our return. We will be back to Korea on August 20 to fulfill my initial commitment. During this summer, I hope that we will have some time to play golf, relax with my family, and revisit our surroundings where we will spend the rest of our lives. I am trying to envision the unknown world called the “retirement” with anxiety and curiosity. It gives me a certain pleasure and expectation but at the same time, a tinge of sadness in preparing the final chapter of my life. I can only try my best to make a good conclusion of it.

http://hknkorea.blogspot.com/2008/06/endless-passage.html

No comments: