Monday, July 30, 2007

My Prayer

My God, there are millions in the world who suffer from hunger
But, have I a feast to enjoy for myself
So many of your sons and daughters, in desperate need of food
My unforgivable arrogance of complaining about the taste of the food
You not only forgive my arrogance but bless my condescension

My God, I have failed to preach your gospel
Instead of punishing my laziness, you allowed me to enjoy my wealth and honor
I have been blind to help others who need the help
Despite my laziness and arrogance
You have given me the warm earthly riches and respects

We have justified our deeds in hurting others to protect our glory
You have forgiven us for such misbehavior
We have been so focused on our own selfishness
We have taken lives of others in your name
And we claim our justice in doing so, but you have forgiven us

We have deceived our parents and neglected brotherly love
Furthermore, we disdain our neighbors to enlarge our profits
Dear God, we are not willing to beg for forgiveness
Instead, we are asking for more blessing
We would like to gain more wisdom to misuse it for our wrong motivation

We do occasionally understand that our behavior is not in your wish
We have asked for blessing on our misbehavior
We have intentionally justified our harvesting wrong fruits
What is worse is to find ourselves for asking you for more
No way on earth to forgive our misbehavior but you have forgiven us

Now, I have reached at the end of my earthly life and reminisced my past
Realizing the countless requests I have made throughout my life
All of these requests are only for my selfishness and
To satisfy my fantasy of earthly glory and honors
Feeling my sorrow, I am stepping along an unknown destination

Reminiscing and regretting my misunderstanding
2007. 3. 20

No comments: