- Blood pressure fluctuates a lot over the time. Each datum point on the charts represents an average of three to four measurements. The measurement of blood pressure over 5 min period fluctuated so much that it is unbelievable. For example, if the blood pressure was measured three times at a given time, it may fluctuate +.- 10 points. For example, it may show at the beginning 140/90 but the next time it may be 130/80 and so on.
- Blood pressure is always highest early in the morning. I understand now why old people die while they are in bed. However, when I get up and do some physical exercise and then the blood pressure drops significantly.
- When you move around and measure blood pressure, the first reading is always high and at the same time the pulse is also high. As the pulse becomes steady, the blood pressure reading also becomes steady.
- After playing golf for four hours, the blood pressure reading was found to drop 10-15 points, both in systolic and diastolic. I am not suggesting that one must play golf but it has a significant effect on blood pressure. However, other physical exercise does not help the blood pressure drop this much. I believe playing golf is more than physical exercise but it may perhaps induce mental calmness.
- When I spend all day at the desk, the blood pressure reading usually tends to be high. However, I work in the lab all day, the blood pressure is far less. I am not making excuse of going to school everyday but it is interesting though. We all say that exercise is important but I have proved it is so.
This is not my last report on the subject. I will keep you informed with the progress. Please keep in mind that one must exercise constantly.


No comments:
Post a Comment