On a spring day of Seoul
Decorated by thousands of colors
Yellow, pink, red, at last white
Just like the path of an old man
A gray old man running along the hill side
Full of long stories to tell
Looking for the flower bud
“Hey, who are you looking for?”
“Ah… A friend of mine…”
“Oh, I know… she is a friend of mine too
But, she is gone now”
“What? It wasn’t a long ago…”
“I know, but don’t worry,
We are a symbol of eternity”
“A symbol of eternity? You mean, heaven?”
“Oh, you don’t understand, you HCH…”
“HCH? What are you talking about?”
“Ha, Ha… a half-cooked human…HCH!
You understand? You think you are the smartest
You have no idea in your three dimensions”
“You mean, I have to enter the 4th dimension?”
“Of course, you have to depart the silly flesh and blood
To understand the true meaning of eternity”
“You mean I can’t understand
Without departing the earthly life?”
“Not necessarily, of course
There are fully cooked human beings around you”
“Can I be one?”
“Of course, but why hurry?
Everyone will be one eventually, anyway”
“But, I need to know beforehand
To prepare for the better eternity, yes?”
“You speak in HCH language again
There is no such thing as preparation”
“But, but, I like to know, please”
“Keep doing whatever you have been doing
And be nice and enjoy the life
I promise to let you know next time”
Calming down his new hope and excitement
The old man continues
His run along the hill path
Looking at the top of the mountain
A step at a time
Drawing a circle of eternity
This spring day of Seoul
Be the beginning of his eternity
Kenneth N. Han
On the fist day of May, 2008
At the foot of Buk-han Mt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment