March 24, 2008
Dear Friends in My Old Town,
Winter is going or is it gone? To be honest with you, winter isn’t my favorite season. However, I do have a fond memory or two, and here it goes. Please enjoy reading the amateur poem but I hope it may remind you of some memory about the old guy.
Things are going quite well here. I am currently teaching two courses….yes, two! One on Mondays and another on Saturdays… yes, Saturday! All three courses are for graduate students, and all run for three hours. On Mondays, I teach Technical Communications for graduate students. We talk about how best one can approach writing reports, thesis/dissertation, memos, etc… On Saturdays, I teach nano-technology for students who have decided to research on nano-related areas. I have five students taking the nano course, one of whom works in industry, and therefore Saturday suites him best. Obviously, I learn a lot from these two courses which I have never taught before, and enjoy every minute of the courses. We are making many sizes of nano-particles of gold, silver, copper… with all kinds of colors since the class runs with lab.
We have bought air-tickets traveling to Portland, OR for the summer already. June 30-Aug 19 are days when we will be in Portland, OR. We will have my high school buddies visiting me during this time and have booked a cruise to Alaska. In addition, we will have a couple of golf games.
In a couple of week’s time, we will enjoy flowers blossoming everywhere here. Korea is most beautiful in Spring and Fall with so many colors. We will enjoy looking at, smelling, even touching them as much as we can as if this is our last time here. I will send a package of some of our feelings and findings to your way in due course. Please have your wonderful Spring before it runs away from you.
Best wishes, your friend Ken
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ali
Its nice of you to keep posting stuff.
Thank you
Love
Vince
www.hanfamily.com
Post a Comment