Friday, June 1, 2007

I wish I were a poet

I am not a poet but wish to be one
Thoughts and minds are most sophisticated
But not enough words available for me to describe
I wish I were a poet

There are moments in life
My brain is working wild
I have a desire to grab these moments
And to describe what, why and when
Not for others but for myself
I wish I were a poet

I am not a poet but wish to be one
God has created so many beauties and wonders
But not enough words available for me to express
I wish I were a poet

The other day, I had a chance to climb up
The most beautiful mountain in the peninsula
Unbelievable views within and outreaching beyond the horizon
Minds and eyes appreciated the scenery
But no words were found to praise
I wished I were a poet

I am not a poet but wish to be one
There are events in the world
Some are noble and others horrifying
But not enough words available for me to articulate
I wish I were a poet

Millions of thoughts, minds, sceneries, wonders
In the universe we live in
However, not enough words available for me to apprehend
In the midst of my anxiety to communicate with myself
I let quietly my mind and thoughts run around
Within the bounds of space and time

Kenneth N. Han
Feeling expressionless
At SeoKyeong University
June 1, 2007

No comments: