Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First Thanksgiving day

Chusok opens the gate to Heaven
Allowing me to greet my parents
Who introduced me to this wonderful world
Gave me the strength to be a good and right person
It took me past 40 years
Finally I offer you my most favorite thoughts
With tears in my eyes thinking about you

Chusok allows me to be in Heaven
To be with brothers, sisters, and family
Who gave me tender care and unselfish guidance
It is once a year occasion
But I have waited for 40 years
To return my sincere thanks
To you all forever

Chusok provides the day of harvest
To remind me of the kind help
Remembering dear friends who
Have rendered undivided assistance
I awoke from selfishness and greed
Sworn to be a better person
In the coming years and thereafter

Chusok, on this very significant day
I sat down on my chair of my office
To make the day most meaningful
Try my mind and heart to be calm
Roaming around the fourth dimension
Remembering good old days of my life
Finally struck the true meaning of the day

September 25, 2007
From SeoKyeong

No comments: